As parents we’re preparing our kids for adulthood on a daily basis. Whether it’s reading, travel, galleries, or even film & tv – we’re looking ahead to the adults they’ll become. Taking the time to educate them about the world around them is part of our investment in their future.
The other aspect of investment, is taking something small and watch it grow much bigger, whether it’s a trip to a museum sparking an interest in science, or showing them Star Wars at the right age so they grow up into a science fiction geek.
With the focus on developing their personalities, it’s easy to forget about investing in them financially as well. We need to remember there are numerous costs and challenges ahead when from when they turn 18. There are plenty of ways to do this, but my daughter’s piggy bank probably won’t cover any higher education tuition fees when the time comes.
One way is to invest is a Junior ISA. This investment account – which will hopefully grow over time – cannot be touched until they are 18, and it is a tax free way to save and invest for your child’s future.
If this sounds of interest, Orbis Access are offering one lucky reader the chance to have £200 added to their Orbis Access Stocks & Shares Junior ISA – please see the giveaway below.
On top of that, they are also offering a Christmas gift to anyone who opens a new Junior ISA with them, of matching your first investment by up to £100. Please see here for more info.
So now is as good a time as any to invest in your child’s future. But please do remember that the value of your investments may go down as well as up!
The £200 Orbis Access Junior ISA Giveaway
Competition terms and conditions
• There is one prize of an investment to the value of £200 made into a Junior ISA Account opened with Orbis Access (UK) Limited. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered and as a result and accordingly an account must be opened in the name of a child who is eligible for an Orbis Access Junior ISA Account in order to receive the prize.
• The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
• The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
• The opening date for entries is 8 December 2016 and the closing date is the 31st December 2016. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
• To enter the prize draw an entrant must follow the instructions provided by Gleam.
• Anyone using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
• This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
• The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries by Gleam.
• The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with their email address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
• The winner’s name will be available on request.
• The Promoters reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
• The decision of the Promoters regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
• Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
• The Promoters reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
• The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
• Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
• Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
• The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
• The Promoters are Hillcrest PR Limited of 58 Croydon Road, Caterham, Surrey CR3 6QB (Registered in England, company number 8044861) and Orbis Access (UK) Limited of 28 Dorset Square, London NW1 6QG (Registered in England, company number 8138002). This is a joint promotion.
This is a sponsored giveaway in collaboration with Orbis Access.
PHOTO CREDIT: 401kcalculator.org